Featuring the popular 54″ x 36″ backboard of the Goalsetter All-Star and a 4″ square off-set post design with slimmer lines, the Contender is just right for growing families who recognize features and quality in a basketball goal at a budget-friendly price. The Contender completely redefines the expectations of a mid-sized goal with a corrosion-resistant finish that is engineered to withstand the wear and tear of the outdoors, season after season. Because the goal uses the internal compression height adjusment to fully adjust from 6′-10′, the Contender provides your family with years of unparalleled home court play.
The patented internal compression height adjustment mechanism is inside the goal pole, increasing safety and shielding parts from the elements. The 3-foot high, easy-to-reach crank handle can be replaced with a pin lock to prevent changing the basketball goal height.
The exclusive hinged ground-anchor system enables complete assembly of your basketball goal by 2-3 persons without ladders and a scaffold prior to raising it upright. A 42″ square steel anchor placed in the gound provides unmatched stability and durability.
When it’s time to move, your Goalsetter basketball hoop moves with you by simply purchasing a replacement ground anchor.
Every Goalsetter basketball goal is made in the USA with superior quality and workmanship. Your Goalsetter basketball hoop will provide many years of fun, exercise and memories for the entire family.
– 54″ Wide x 36″ High x 3/8″ Thick
– Fully tempered glass backboard — acrylic backboard option also available
– No dead spots on backboard corners
– 1-1/2″ structural steel H-Frame — extra backboard stability and consistent ball response
– Nylon bushings at each pivot point
– 1/4″ thick steel bushings for rim mounting
– Rounded edges and corners for safer play
Goal System Details
– Rim height is infinitely adjustable from 6′ to 10′ — patented internal compression height adjustment
– 4″ square off-set pole — minimizes shake and vibration
– One-piece structural steel post
– 7 gauge steel (3/16″ wall thickness) on poles — much thicker than competing systems
– 1 Primer coat and 2 coats of baked-on acrylic enamel — superior to powder coated parts
– Wide grip, die-formed extension arms — no cut and welded joints
– 2-1/2′ extension from pole to backboard — safe play area
– Made in the USA
– Limited Lifetime Warranty